Quick Parmesan Crusted Brussel Sprouts with Green Tomato Pickle
Ok, picture this...
It's a lazy Thursday morning, the last Thursday of November and you have the day off because of the holiday. You are slowly sipping your coffee, the coffee that you stash away only for the weekends because its just that good and you hate to rush the experience of a good cup of Jo. You come to realize it's the first day in a really long time that you don't have to do anything or be anywhere... at least until much later. Your phone suddenly rings - your heart drops for a beat - it's your holiday host calling. A panicky voice trills through the phone and proceeds to tell you that some of the holiday guests are a no show and so follows those famous brussel sprouts they bring year after year. Your host anxiously continues to ask you if you could help them out last minute by bringing the brussel sprouts dish this year. Your eyes roll back. Wha?! You don't have time for this! You don't even really like brussel sprouts! Suddenly a flash of a post you recently saw of Tiffin Asha's holdiay brussel sprouts recipe crosses your mind and a sense of relief settles in as you hesitatingly agree to step into those brussel sprout shoes!
...Later that day, at your holiday gathering you proudly unveil your Parmesan Crusted Brussel Sprouts with Green Tomato Pickle by removing the foil. Your eyes scan the table where all the holiday guests have spread a smorgasbord of holiday dishes and you begin to feel grateful for Tiffin Asha and their new condiment line. ;-) Until next year!
- 1 1/2 lb brussel sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons Green Tomato Pickle
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is heating clean the brussel sprouts of any damaged outer leaves. Wash and thoroughly dry (thoroughly drying the brussel sprouts will allow them to roast in the oven better). Slice each brussel sprout in half and trim a little bit off the bottom of the sprout.
Transfer the cleaned brussel sprouts to a bowl and add the olive oil, salt, and half of the shredded parmesan cheese. Mix well and set aside. Now, line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and sprinkle the remaining half of the parmesan cheese in an even layer over the entire pan. In a single layer place the brussel sprouts face down of the parmesan cheese.
- Roast the brussel sprouts in the preheated oven checking after 10 minutes and rotating the pan. Roast for another 10 minutes or so, depending on your oven. The brussel sprouts should be thoroughly browned and crisped by the time you pull them.
- Toss the roasted brussels with our Green Tomato Pickle. Garnish with additional shredded parmesan (optional) and serve!