Stir Fried Sweet & Spicy Noodles with Peanuts
These noodles are bound to be a go-to whenever you feel ravenous! Quick and easy, no fuss and possibly ingredients you already have. Feel free to substitute out any of the ingredients for what you already have in your kitchen! This is just a guide. I've made these noodles vegan but a fried egg, grilled or poached chicken would be a delicious addition.
- 12 oz ramen noodles (or any type of noodle you have)
- 2 Teaspoons neutral oil
- 1/2 cup Tomato Ginger Pickle
- 1 1/4 cup cucumber (diced with skin)
- 1 1/2 cup carrot (julienne, thinly sliced matchsticks)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (washed and torn)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (crushed)
- 1 Tablespoon chili oil or chili crisp for extra heat (optional)
- soy sauce or salt for extra seasoning (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package. Rinse thoroughly and toss with 1 tsp of oil to prevent sticking.
- Heat oil in a tawa, wok or fry pan (big enough to toss the noodles) until hot and barely smoking. Immediately add carrot and sauté for about a minute. Turn down the heat to medium and add the rest of the ingredients except for the noodles and cilantro. Stir well until just hot.
- Finish by folding in the noodles and cilantro with the rest of the ingredients. You can add any optional seasoning here.
These noodles can be served equally delicious warm or cold!